Monday, December 1, 2008

Snow Wish

The flurries were falling when I opened the blinds this morning. Out of the entire midwest, I think I'm one of the few who was excited and hoping for several inches to accumulate. My youngest, 16 months, has never gotten to play in the snow and big brother (3) and I were excited about the possibilities. The flurries have just stopped and it's hard to tell whether my children or I are the most disappointed. I love the sight of children in their little winter hats. Sparkling eyes peeking out from underneath and little cherub cheeks grinning. Granted, getting the hats to stay on the head can be a bit of a problem, but it's a rewarding sight nevertheless. I guess it also helps make up for the slight sadness that I feel when I pack up their summertime clothes. Not only do I love little bare feet and chubby knees, it's always sad to see my favorite little cotton outfits packed away that will be too small to wear the next time the temperature goes up. So bring on the hats and the sweaters, it's winter time!

No comments:

Post a Comment