Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Heads Up

Don't you love how God created the world to echo His spiritual truths? I was with several friends and we were discussing some of the pitfalls that we were encountering with in our walk with Christ. One woman stated how God reminds her to get her eyes off the problem and onto Him, to hold her head up and follow God. Then it hit me.We walk better spiritually when we keep our heads up in the same manner as when we quit watching the floor while we physically walk.

This is a truth that I tell my patients every day. Every. Single. Day. I quip with lame jokes like, "You don't need to give your nose a head-start to the floor." and "You're not a gorilla, you're a human." Dance instructors will tell you that watching your feet does not help you with your dance steps, instead it hinders and confuses.  Keep your head up to improve your balance and safety. Keep your head up to communicate with your Savior.

Lift Up Your Face.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great reminder! This is something I need help with from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete